MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR
WISCONSIN RAPIDS AND STEVENS POINT / PLOVER
JOIN OUR TEAM!
WoodTrust Bank has a reputation for providing competitive mortgage rates and the highest quality service to our customers. We are currently seeking two motivated, detail-oriented people for Mortgage Loan Originator positions at our Wisconsin Rapids and Stevens Point / Plover locations.
WHY WE’RE DIFFERENT
Did You Know? WoodTrust is one of the largest privately owned, full service financial institutions headquartered in central and northern Wisconsin, serving individual, family, corporate and not-for-profit customers in 35 states.
Founded in 1891, WoodTrust is a $600 million local, family-owned bank with offices in Wisconsin Rapids, Plover and Wausau, WI. Backed by the strength of a long-standing banking tradition, WoodTrust has the vision and the values to succeed. We take great pride in the fact that we live, work and play in the communities we serve. At WoodTrust, you’ll experience a welcoming culture that inspires, challenges and empowers associates to provide the best service possible. At WoodTrust, the customer is #1. We exist because of the customer and our attitudes and actions reflect that with each and every interaction.
We strive to provide a candid environment where individuals can grow, develop, be productive and enjoy their work. We provide continuous on-the-job training to enhance skills and encourage internal advancement. If you are interested in a career in financial services, want to work with fun and talented professionals, and grow with a private, family-owned organization, you would be a great fit for our team!
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR
As a Mortgage Loan Originator, you will:
- Be the initial point of contact with new and existing customers seeking mortgage loan guidance.
- Actively pursue and create trusted relationships with customers, community members, builders and realtors.
- Generate loans through leads, referrals and existing customer relationships.
- Be the “go-to” loan officer for home-financing clients, managing a pipeline of loans from origination to closing.
- Advise customers and determine the best financing options using a wide variety of products and alternatives available through our mortgage loan program.
- Work with the customer to gather all necessary financial information for prequalification, qualification and to finalize the loan transaction.
- Be responsible for originating and managing Home Equity Loans and Home Equity Lines of Credit as a product offering that complements our Mortgage Lending Program.
- Be responsible for assisting Bank Trust/Investment clients with lines of credit secured by their investment accounts. Also occasionally assist clients with auto and other personal loans.
- Refer mortgage loan customers for other WoodTrust financial products and services when appropriate.
Providing exceptional customer service is a key requirement of this position and it lends itself to deepening your loan customers financial relationship with WoodTrust Bank
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s or associate degree with related work experience is desired.
- Excellent organizational skills, very detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
A working knowledge of loan policies, credit granting criteria and interest rates is beneficial, however, if you are motivated and enjoy working with people, we will train you for the position. This position will require the person to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
WoodTrust strives to be an employer of choice, placing a major emphasis on personal and professional development. We offer competitive pay, a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick leave and a 401(k) matching program along with a bank-wide annual bonus sharing program.
Please submit your application and resume by email to email@example.com or in person at one of our branch locations in Wisconsin Rapids, Plover or Wausau, WI.
WoodTrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.