INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT VICE PRESIDENT
JOIN OUR TEAM!
A rewarding career opportunity in a professional and fun work environment exists for you with WoodTrust Bank! We value every associate and appreciate the importance each individual role contributes to our success. We are currently seeking a motivated, detail-oriented person for an Investment Management Vice President role with WoodTrust Asset Management.
WHY WE’RE DIFFERENT
Did You Know? At roughly $5 billion in client assets under management and $600 million in bank assets, WoodTrust is one of the largest privately owned, full service financial institutions headquartered in central and northern Wisconsin, serving individual, family, corporate and not-for-profit customers in 35 states. With an acute focus on our core value, the customer is #1, WoodTrust has succeeded as a quality, community-focused financial institution since its founding in 1891.
In addition to our pursuit of life-time customers, we seek to provide associates an environment that allows them to learn, grow and succeed with an emphasis on hiring for the long-term and incentivizing teammates to spend the duration of their careers with WoodTrust. If you are interested in a career in financial services, want to work with fun and talented professionals, and grow with a private, family-owned organization, you would be a great fit for our team!
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT VICE PRESIDENT
As an Investment Management Vice President, you will manage the investment portfolios of assigned accounts, contribute to Investment Committee regularly to develop and maintain WoodTrust’s portfolio management strategies and practices and contribute to the new business development efforts of WoodTrust.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technical Skills:
- Plan and execute day-to-day portfolio management for assigned accounts within the guidelines of the Investment Committee’s policies and strategies.
- Maintain sound knowledge of economic and market environment.
- Understand, overseeing, evaluate and communicate the investment process and investment decisions made through regular participation and contribution to Investment Committee.
- Responsibility for adhering to regulations and internal policies, as well as responding to escalating risk issues in a timely manner.
- Account Relationship Management:
- Maintain, improve and, when possible, expand existing client relationships.
- Oversee, evaluate and monitor the asset allocation process and strategies for assigned relationships.
- Meet with clients to review market and economic conditions and investment performance.
- Provide proactive, effective and timely client communication through written and verbal, including in person account review meetings.
- Work with Relationship Managers to ensure clients are receiving all pertinent information and a high level of service.
- New Business Development:
- Maintain an active, ongoing effort to obtain new business.
- Coordinate and support new business efforts with associate team, both bank and trust.
- Work with existing clients to identify appropriate cross sales opportunities.
It is essential to observe the strictest confidentiality on the subject of accounts and activities of any kind of dealing with the bank and maintain a high level of enthusiasm and customer awareness while conveying our confidence in the Bank and the services that are offered.
- The candidate for this position should have experience and interest in portfolio management, investment analysis, investment communication and reporting, relationship management, and new business development. Education or past experience should reflect this interest.
- The Investment Management Vice President will report directly to our Chief Investment Officer.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or Economics is preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in portfolio management, investment management and/or client management are preferred.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Attention to detail, a high degree of accuracy and the ability to multi-task are essential to this position as well as well as a solid understanding of math concepts, good written communication skills and a desire to solve problems. Other beneficial qualities include assertiveness, the ability to make timely decisions as well as take and give good direction.
- This position will require the person to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
WoodTrust strives to be an employer of choice, placing a major emphasis on personal and professional development. We offer competitive pay, a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick leave and a 401(k) matching program along with a bank-wide annual bonus sharing program.
Please submit your application and resume by email to email@example.com or in person at one of our branch locations in Wisconsin Rapids, Plover or Wausau, WI.
WoodTrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.