INTERNAL AUDIT ASSISTANT
We are looking for someone who has strong analytical abilities, is able to read and interpret documents such as banking regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals, is detail oriented and who enjoys working with people to join our professional staff at our downtown Wisconsin Rapids location.
As an Internal Audit Assistant, you will perform independent reviews of bank operations to verify that the results of our business activity are accurate and in compliance with internal policies and regulatory requirements. You will be involved in continuous on-the-job training to enhance your skills and encourage internal advancement.
A successful Internal Audit Assistant:
- observes the strictest confidentiality of all activities
- has a professional demeanor
- has a positive attitude
- is extremely reliable
- has excellent oral and written communication skills
- has impeccable attention to detail and organization skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs various reviews according to the annual audit schedule, which includes detailed audits of deposit, loan and bank services.
- Organizes workpapers and audit files and summarizes results of audit field work.
- Prepares reports for management and Board of Directors concerning scope of audit, results of audit and continually communicate and update the progress of the department reviewed.
- Verifies computer totals and computation, quarterly teller cash counts, general ledger and subsidiary account balancing.
- Complete general ledger reviews for year-end financial statement audit.
- Provides information by researching accounts for customers or associates.
- Assists with compliance audit for the Trust Department
- Completes monthly Quality Control Reviews of mortgage lending activity under the guidance of secondary market investors, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae under the FHLB MPF program.
- Completes comprehensive reviews of Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) loan application register entries to ensure accuracy of reporting and issues quarterly memos of HMDA results.
- Participates in continuing education classes and seminars to upgrade skills and attain professional designations.
- Prior banking and/or bank services experience is desired.
This is full-time position with a great work-life balance working Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. WoodTrust Bank offers a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick leave and a 401(k) matching program along with a bank-wide annual bonus sharing program.
Please submit your application and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at one of our branch locations in Wisconsin Rapids, Plover or Wausau, Wisconsin.
WoodTrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.