INTERNAL AUDIT ASSISTANT
JOIN OUR TEAM!
If you are looking for a rewarding career opportunity in a professional and fun work environment, look no further than WoodTrust Bank! We value every associate and appreciate the importance each individual role contributes to our success. We are currently seeking a motivated, detail-oriented person for an Internal Audit Assistant position in our Wisconsin Rapids office.
We are looking for someone who has strong analytical abilities, the ability to read and interpret documents such as banking regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals, is organized and enjoys working with a great team of professionals!
WHY WE’RE DIFFERENT
Did You Know? At roughly $5 billion in client assets under management and $600 million in bank assets, WoodTrust is one of the largest privately owned, full service financial institutions headquartered in central and northern Wisconsin, serving individual, family, corporate and not-for-profit customers in 35 states. With an acute focus on our core value, the customer is #1, WoodTrust has succeeded as a quality, community-focused financial institution since its founding in 1891.
In addition to our pursuit of life-time customers, we seek to provide associates an environment that allows them to learn, grow and succeed with an emphasis on hiring for the long-term and incentivizing teammates to spend the duration of their careers with WoodTrust. If you are interested in a career in financial services, want to work with fun and talented professionals, and grow with a private, family-owned organization, you would be a great fit for our team!
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN INTERNAL AUDIT ASSISTANT
As an Internal Audit Assistant, you will perform independent reviews of bank operations to verify that the results of our business activity are accurate and in compliance with internal policies and regulatory requirements. You will be involved in continuous on-the-job training to enhance your skills and encourage internal advancement. A successful Internal Audit Assistant:
- observes the strictest confidentiality of all activities.
- has a professional demeanor.
- has a positive attitude.
- is extremely reliable.
- has excellent oral and written communication skills.
- has impeccable attention to detail and organization skills.
- is proficient in Word and Excel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs various reviews according to the annual audit schedule, which includes detailed audits of deposit, loan and bank services.
- Organizes workpapers and audit files and summarizes results of audit field work.
- Prepares reports for management and Board of Directors concerning scope of audit, results of audit and continually communicate and update the progress of the department reviewed.
- Verifies computer totals and computation, quarterly teller cash counts, general ledger and subsidiary account balancing.
- Complete general ledger reviews for year-end financial statement audit.
- Provides information by researching accounts for customers or associates.
- Assists with compliance audit for the Trust Department
- Completes monthly Quality Control Reviews of mortgage lending activity under the guidance of secondary market investors, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae under the FHLB MPF program.
- Completes comprehensive reviews of Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) loan application register entries to ensure accuracy of reporting and issues quarterly memos of HMDA results.
- Participates in continuing education classes and seminars to upgrade skills and attain professional designations.
- Prior banking and/or bank services experience is desired.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you want to work with fun and talented professionals, and grow with a private, family-owned organization, you would be a great fit for our team! WoodTrust strives to be an employer of choice, placing a major emphasis on personal and professional development.
This is full-time position with a great work-life balance working Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. WoodTrust strives to be an employer of choice, placing a major emphasis on personal and professional development. We offer competitive pay, a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick leave and a 401(k) matching program along with a bank-wide annual bonus sharing program.
Please submit your application and resume by email to email@example.com or in person at one of our branch locations in Wisconsin Rapids, Plover or Wausau, Wisconsin.
WoodTrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.