JOIN OUR TEAM!
A rewarding career opportunity in a professional and fun work environment exists for you with WoodTrust Bank! We value every associate and appreciate the importance each individual role plays in our success. We are currently seeking a motivated, detail-oriented person for a Credit Analyst position in our commercial loan department.
WHY WE’RE DIFFERENT
Did You Know? WoodTrust is one of the largest privately owned, full service financial institutions headquartered in central and northern Wisconsin, serving individual, family, corporate and not-for-profit customers in 35 states.
Founded in 1891, WoodTrust is a $650 million local, family-owned bank with offices in Wisconsin Rapids, Plover and Wausau, WI. Backed by the strength of a long-standing banking tradition, WoodTrust has the vision and the values to succeed. We take great pride in the fact that we live, work and play in the communities we serve. At WoodTrust, you’ll experience a welcoming culture that inspires, challenges and empowers associates to provide the best service possible. At WoodTrust, the customer is #1. We exist because of the customer and our attitudes and actions reflect that with each and every interaction.
We strive to provide a candid environment where individuals can grow, develop, be productive and enjoy their work. We provide continuous on-the-job training to enhance skills and encourage internal advancement. If you are interested in a career in financial services, want to work with fun and talented professionals, and grow with a private, family-owned organization, you would be a great fit for our team!
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A CREDIT ANALYST
As a credit analyst, you will:
- Support our commercial bankers in preparing loan presentations, annual customer reviews and other loan portfolio management tasks.
- Focus on analyzing borrower financial statements for new and existing commercial loans to ensure the loans meet Bank policy standards.
- Contact with the borrower’s accountant or borrower’s key management to discuss the financial statements when appropriate.
- Order and review real estate appraisals to ensure compliance with regulatory and bank requirements.
- Analyze commercial and residential real estate properties securing the bank’s loans to substantiate the property’s value relative to market, physical and financial conditions.
- Provide underwriting support to our Mortgage/Consumer underwriter.
- Provide lender support on past due loans and document the borrower status. Prepare reports for investor reporting related to the same.
- Other job duties include creating and refreshing management reports, collateral management of the bank’s loan portfolio and other special projects.
The candidate for this position should have some experience with analyzing corporate and personal tax returns, audited, compiled or borrower prepared financial statements or related education.
The credit analyst will report directly to our Senior Lender and will have significant interaction with senior bank management, regulators and third-party examiners.
Providing exceptional customer service is a key requirement of this position and it lends itself to deepening your loan customers financial relationship with WoodTrust Bank.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s or associate degree with related work experience is desired.
- Excellent organizational skills, very detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
The individual for this position must have excellent organizational skills, be very detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task. They must also have exceptional written and verbal communication skills. This position requires a high degree of dedication, motivation, responsibility and accuracy. Other beneficial qualities include assertiveness, the ability to make timely decisions as well as take and give good direction. This position will require the person to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
WoodTrust strives to be an employer of choice, placing a major emphasis on personal and professional development. We offer competitive pay, a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick leave and a 401(k) matching program along with a bank-wide annual bonus sharing program.
Please submit your application and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at one of our branch locations in Wisconsin Rapids, Plover or Wausau, WI.
WoodTrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.