Personal Trust & Wealth Management
“In so many cases, our clients have accumulated assets or are building their wealth. They are looking for specific advice on how to manage those assets. Our associates have the experience and knowledge to create customized, effective wealth
– Mike Glodosky, SVP, Trust and Investments
“In so many cases, our clients have accumulated assets or are building their wealth. They are looking for specific advice on how to manage those assets. Our associates have the experience and knowledge to create customized, effective wealth management strategies.”
– Mike Glodosky, SVP, Trust and Investments
Personal Trust & Wealth Management
Your future and your legacy. Is there anything more important to sum up all your hard work? This is where WoodTrust’s Personal Trust & Wealth Management services are second to none. It all begins with a customized and well-crafted plan guided by our team of experts. Executed with a commitment to service and action, we will construct a strategy that is comprehensive, tailored, and effective.
Notice: Investments in stocks, bonds, ETFs, mutual funds, and other marketable, non-bank securities are not FDIC insured, may lose value, and are not guaranteed by WoodTrust Bank or any other affiliate.
Click below for more info
- Personal Trust Services
- Investment Management
- Financial & Retirement Planning
- Fiduciary & Estate Plan Services
- Private Banking
- Insurance & Annuities
Personal Trust Services
Individual and family resources, goals, and objectives always vary – requiring creative financial solutions that share the same important characteristics that your family values. WoodTrust’s Personal Trust and Wealth Management team, with extensive credentials and experience, has both the knowledge and the suite of products and services to provide customized, flexible solutions.
Our seasoned team begins by listening and discussing your thoughts and goals to develop a thorough understanding of your objectives. Through a hands-on approach and thoughtful decision-making, the team will then work with grantors, beneficiaries, legal, and tax advisors to develop and execute the appropriate estate and financial plans. Utilizing the large range of products and services WoodTrust offers, our professionals will manage, monitor, and communicate while implementing your plan. As is warranted by life changes, we will recommend the appropriate modifications for you to attain your ultimate financial goals.
You’ve worked hard, prospered, and are now ready to move forward with a plan and expert advice on managing your estate in accordance with your values, beliefs, and desired outcomes. WoodTrust’s Personal Trust and Wealth Management team has the experience and resources to assist and guide you every step of the way.
WoodTrust’s institutional research, selection, and due diligence process has evolved to form a distinct set of beliefs, each with our client’s best interests in mind. Our investment philosophy and research process is rooted in five major tenets:
- The Client is Number One
For a client to achieve financial success, WoodTrust must be committed to the client’s goals and objectives. The process of investing client dollars has rapidly evolved. A proactive approach to establishing client expectations, creating and managing a customized portfolio, and focusing on transaction integrity helps build strong client relationships over time.
- Conflicts of Interest Erode Trust
When investment products compensate the decision makers, it is unlikely those decision makers will have the client’s best interest in mind. It is critical that the investment selection process solely serves the best interest of clients.
- Asset Allocation is the Greatest Determinant of Risk
Managing around an appropriate asset allocation strategy, especially in periods of market volatility, can add significant value. Multiple empirical studies have concluded that asset allocation and the utilization of strategic systematic risk exposures play a pivotal role in the performance and risk embedded in a portfolio.
- Long-Term Focus Beats Short-Term Market Timing
Over time, security valuations reflect the underlying strength and earnings power of the businesses behind them. We understand this. During periods of extreme uncertainty and market turmoil, investors often make impatient, emotional decisions that undermine their ability to reach their long-term investment and financial goals.
- Active and Index Strategies Work Together
Active and Index (passive) strategies complement each other by broadening the opportunity set available to investors, mitigating risk and driving investment outcomes over longer time horizons. Active strategies rely on analytical research, forecasts, and manager judgment and experience in making investment decisions on what securities to buy, hold, and sell. Index strategies mirror a market index. These indices are typically market-cap weighted, resulting in a strategy that performs well in certain momentum-based environments.
The WoodTrust investment process offers clear solutions, with critical evaluation from experienced and credentialed investment professionals who will set you on a path toward meeting your investment goals. This independent and team-oriented process focuses on producing competitive, risk-controlled results through a fiduciary perspective where your interests always come first.
Financial & Retirement Planning
Few people have taken the time necessary to closely examine their financial situation, for many reasons. It may be due to a busy family and work life or simply because it is a seemingly difficult task. Yet, most people realize that, to achieve their financial and retirement objectives, it requires time, planning, and the proper advice. WoodTrust has the knowledge, qualifications, and resources to collaborate, develop, and implement your strategic personal plan. Our seasoned team takes a holistic approach to cover topics such as:
- Savings assessments and portfolio strategies
- Retirement outcomes projections
- Gap and risk analysis with solutions
- Cash flow and asset distribution planning and management
- Wealth transfer, family gifting, philanthropic, and college savings strategies
WoodTrust’s solutions are focused on improving client outcomes, and pride is taken in the ownership of our clients’ well-being and objectives.
Fiduciary & Estate Plan Services
A sound estate plan can ensure financial security for you and your family for generations to come. A proper estate plan, developed in conjunction with your legal and tax advisors, is capable of addressing issues as they develop. WoodTrust has been assisting in managing and implementing estate plans and trusts since 1971. Typical services in this area include:
- Corporate trustee, co-trustee or successor-trustee administration
- Guardianship services
- Estate administration
- Accounting and reporting
- Management of financial affairs
- Enhancing family communication
Whether your objectives are personal financial care, wealth transfer control, philanthropic, creditor protection, privacy, or a combination of these goals, WoodTrust’s locally owned and operated personalized trust and fiduciary services can deliver great results.
Greater personal wealth brings freedom, opportunity, and flexibility – but also a unique complexity to conducting your financial affairs. WoodTrust’s Private Banking solutions organize the various components of a financial strategy, from day-to-day banking and credit needs to investments and estate planning, by seamlessly accessing a variety of solutions for eligible clients including:
- Competitive interest rates on daily account balances
- Additional interest on Certificates of Deposit
- Unlimited check writing
- Free personal and cashier’s checks
- Discounted safe deposit boxes
Credit Cards and Loans
- Credit cards with ScoreCard Rewards Program
- Preferred rates and terms on mortgage and business loans
- Reduction of origination and processing fees
Subject to credit approval
Automation and Mobility Features
- Free internet banking with Bill Pay, expense tracking, and check images
- ATM and debit cards with ScoreCard Rewards Program
- Mobile banking with remote deposit for iPhone and Android
- Email and text alerts to aid in monitoring account activity
Trust and Investment Services
- Personalized investment plans
- Access to both actively-managed and index-managed investment solutions
- Comprehensive financial planning, trust, and estate services
- Fully-bundled retirement plans for businesses
- Open-architecture insurance and annuity solutions
- Competitive discount brokerage
Insurance & Annuities
WoodTrust offers insurance solutions to help protect your estate and business.
As part of our holistic approach to wealth management, WoodTrust offers a complete range of insurance solutions. From disability and income replacement solutions to business succession and wealth transfer strategies, our experienced associates offer gap and risk analysis and provide solutions to minimize financial risk.
- Our planning and advisory approach is integrated seamlessly with our wealth management services
- Well-integrated strategies are designed to help secure family wealth, business interests, and mitigate tax and financial risks
We offer solutions to wealth transfer plans to protect the financial well-being of future generations
- Policy and plan audit for individuals and businesses
- Individual and trust-owned life insurance
- Traditional permanent and term life insurance
- Long-term care insurance
- Disability insurance and income replacement solutions for high income earners
- Annuities, which can be structured to provide guaranteed lifetime income and mitigate “longevity risk”