WoodTrust Bank is seeking a highly motivated individual for a Mortgage Loan Originator position. This position is located in our Wausau, Wisconsin office and this person will service the area of Marathon County –Wausau and surrounding communities.
This person must possess the skills needed to provide a high level of customer service. The person should be very organized, an effective communicator both orally and written and must be able to multi-task.
The Mortgage Loan Originator at WoodTrust Bank will be responsible generating mortgage loans through leads, referrals and existing customer relationships. This person will actively pursue relationships within our communities to strengthen their lead generation business. Providing exceptional customer service is a key requirement of this position to build, maintain and expand customer relationships.
The role will seek mortgage loan applications from prospective home buyers or from individuals seeking to refinance their existing mortgage loans. The Mortgage Loan Originator will be responsible for advising customers and determining the best financing options for the customer using a wide variety of products and financing alternatives available through the WoodTrust Bank’s mortgage loan program. The Mortgage Loan Originator will work with the customer to gather all necessary financial information for prequalification, qualification and to finalize the loan transaction.
The Mortgage Loan Originator will also be responsible for originating Home Equity Loans and Home Equity Lines of Credit as a product offering that complements our Mortgage Lending Program. This person will also be responsible for referring mortgage loan customers for other Bank products when appropriate.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establish, develop and maintain referral network of real estate agents, builders, and other professionals who can provide an on-going source of referrals. Maintain an active presence in the community by attending social events, volunteer for local non-profit organizations and participate in other community focused activities.
- Make sales calls on potential or existing customers in order to develop new business and/or retain existing business
- Keep informed of trends, competitors, changes and developments in the local real estate market
- Develop marketing plan to meet and exceed goals for loan quality and productivity
- Maintains knowledge of all policies and guidelines and understanding of all company products
- Stay informed with changing rules, regulations and guidelines from FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, and VA in addition to other investors and agencies
- Advise consumers of lending guidelines and procedures
- Communicate price, terms, and conditions to customers. Escalate requests for exceptions to price, terms or conditions to underwriting and/or management as appropriate.
- Communicate to Customers and gather the necessary documentation required for qualification and closing of loan.
- Regular customer communication to keep them informed of the current status of the mortgage loan application.
- Meet with customer to execute all necessary loan documentation as required during the loan application and closing process.
- Manage pipeline for all originated loans through closing and complete required management reports.
- Communicate with branches and/or applicants of providing timely updates and progress reports.
- Attend and participate in all Consumer Lending meetings as required by management.
- Adhere to all required lending policies, procedures and standards, including the Bank’s Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- Act in accordance with regulatory and compliance requirements that include, but are not limited to, Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Reporting requirements, and Privacy Act provisions in accordance with Bank policies and procedures.
- Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence in accordance with Bank policy for the prevention of loss due to fraud, robbery, counterfeiting, money laundering or defalcation.
- Maintain the confidentiality of both customer and Bank information ensuring compliance with Bank Policies & Procedures.
- Understand risks and take appropriate actions as they relate to personal banking, deposit and investment products, including all documentation, and any other requirements to maintain operational integrity.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience preferably includes the following: 1-2 years of Retail/Mortgage Loan Origination or 2+ years of sales experience
- This position will act as a Mortgage Loan Originator as defined by the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (the S.A.F.E. Act) and the Bank will instruct you on how to comply with the requirement to register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System Registry.
- Knowledge of conventional (FHLB, Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae) and government (WHEDA/FHA/VA) lending requirements
- Ability to prioritize workload and handle pipeline of 20-30 loans on average.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations, where applicable, governing real estate lending
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Ability to build quality client relationships
- Excellent customer service skills
- Acts as a team player
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Mail or email resume to:
PO Box 8000
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495-8000
Fax (715) 422-0373
WoodTrust Bank is seeking a motivated, detail oriented person for a credit analyst position in the bank’s commercial loan department. The credit analyst will support the commercial bankers in preparing loan presentations, annual customer reviews and other loan portfolio management tasks. The position will focus on analyzing borrower financial statements for new and existing commercial loans to ensure the loans meet Bank policy standards. The credit analyst should have some experience with analyzing corporate and personal tax returns, audited, compiled or borrower prepared financial statements. The analyst will be expected to contact the borrower’s accountant or borrower’s key management to discuss the financial statements when appropriate.
The individual will also be responsible for ordering and reviewing real estate appraisals to ensure compliance with regulatory and bank requirements. This position will be responsible for analyzing commercial and residential real estate properties securing the bank’s loans to substantiate the property’s value relative to market, physical and financial conditions. The credit analyst will also need to have experience in ordering and analyzing non-real estate appraisals.
Other job duties include creating and refreshing management reports, collateral management of the bank’s loan portfolio and special projects from time to time. The credit analyst will report directly to the bank’s Senior Lender and will have significant interaction with senior bank management, regulators and third party examiners.
The individual for this position must have excellent organizational, multi-task, and high quality written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelors Degree in Finance, Business or Economics, 1-3 years of experience directly in a credit analyst or in a financial statement preparation/analysis role.
Other Job Requirements
This job requires a high degree of dedication, motivation, responsibility and accuracy. This position will require the person to work a minimum of 40 hours per week. Advance level of Microsoft Excel and Word is required. Microsoft Access experience is preferred. Experience in databases or other enterprise information systems is preferred. Other qualities needed are, assertiveness, excellent organizational skills, ability to make timely decisions and take and give good direction.
WoodTrust Bank offers a full benefit package, competitive salary and individual/corporate bonus plans.
Mail or email resume to:
PO Box 8000
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495-8000
Fax (715) 422-0373