Research and Investment Operations Intern – Summer 2023
JOIN OUR TEAM!
A rewarding internship opportunity in a professional and fun work environment exists for you with WoodTrust Bank in the summer of 2023! We value every associate and appreciate the importance each individual role contributes to our success. We are currently seeking a motivated, detail-oriented person for an Investment Research and Operations Intern in our Investment Management and Trust department.
WHY WE’RE DIFFERENT
Did You Know? At roughly $5 billion in client assets under management and $600 million in bank assets, WoodTrust is one of the largest privately owned, full service financial institutions headquartered in central and northern Wisconsin, serving individual, family, corporate and not-for-profit customers in 35 states. With an acute focus on our core value, the customer is #1, WoodTrust has succeeded as a quality, community-focused financial institution since its founding in 1891.
In addition to our pursuit of life-time customers, we seek to provide associates an environment that allows them to learn, grow and succeed with an emphasis on hiring for the long-term and incentivizing teammates to spend the duration of their careers with WoodTrust. If you are interested in a career in financial services, want to work with fun and talented professionals, and grow with a private, family-owned organization, you would be a great fit for our team!
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN INVESTMENT AND RESEARCH OPERATIONS INTERN
As an Investment Research and Operations Intern, you will:
- Perform both bottom-up and top-down research and security analysis on behalf of the Research Committee across various asset classes and investment programs.
- Assist Portfolio Managers as needed with transaction processing and account maintenance.
- Coordinate, develop and maintain customized presentation materials for internal and external use.
- Assist in the creation of written client communication materials.
The candidate for this position should have an interest in investment analysis, securities trading and investment communication and reporting. Education or past experience should reflect this interest.
The Investment Research and Operations Intern will report directly to our Director of Investment Research and Operations and will have significant interaction with the firm’s Investment Committee and Research Committee, client service team and third-party managers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Progress towards a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Economics is preferred.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Excel and PowerPoint, specifically)
- Attention to detail, a high degree of accuracy, the ability to multi-task and the strictest level of confidentiality are essential to this position as well as a solid understanding of math concepts, good written communication skills and a desire to solve problems. Other beneficial qualities include assertiveness, the ability to make timely decisions as well as take and give good direction.
This position will require the person to work roughly 40 hours per week.
Applications may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at one of our locations in Wisconsin Rapids, Plover or Wausau, Wisconsin.
WoodTrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.